Dr. L. Johnson-Whittaker
- Founder, CEO and Medical Director of Sunshine Dialysis Centre LTD
- Consultant Nephrologist in Private Practice
- Retired Consultant Physician and Clinical Nephrologist Kingston Public Hospital
- Former Chairman -Department of Medicine, Kingston Public Hospital
- MBBS (UWI)
- DM Internal Medicine (UWI)
- Cert. in Nephrology (U of Ottawa, Canada)
Dr. L. Johnson-Whittaker Publications
- Successful Treatment of Renal Allograft Rejection in the Presence of CMV Disease – American Journal of Nephrology 1990 Vol 10 No 2.
- Two Successful Pregnancies on CAPD Presented to 8th annual CAPD Conference Kansas City Missouri 1987.
- Pregnancy Complicating ESRD Advances 1 Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis Vol4 1988.
- Haemodialysis for renal failure in Diabetes Mellitus West Indian Med; 42(:5, July 1993Suppl2).
- Numerous presentations on Kidney Disease and Dialysis at local and International meetings.
- First person to introduce concept of free standing dialysis units to Jamaica.
- First to expand dialysis outside Kingston. First units in Montego Bay and Mandeville.
- She was the first to introduce freestanding dialysis clinics to Jamaica and the first to offer dialysis outside of Kingston. The first unit was set up in Montego Bay in 1977 and the other in Mandeville in 2004.
International Society of Nephrology
National Kidney Foundation (USA)
Association of Consultant Physicians of Jamaica
Medical Association of Jamaica